ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE –
- 2-4 Years experience
- Seattle, WA; work from home in the Puget Sound region
Fearey, one of the region’s leading independent public relations and public affairs agencies, is seeking to hire an experienced, talented Account Executive to work in conjunction with a team to deliver excellent account management services for a range of clients in the company’s roster that includes health care, consumer, nonprofit, hospitality, legal and real estate industries. Candidates must be highly organized, detail-oriented, enthusiastic, hungry and humble, and have excellent communication skills, both oral and written. The right person will have 2-4 years of relevant PR experience, including media relations, social media and project management skills. Agency experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, PR, journalism or marketing
- 2-4 years of PR experience with some agency experience required
- Passion for doing great work, team spirit and excellence in client service a must
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 Suite and in social media channels
- In-depth understanding of public relations, social media, crisis communication and issues management
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- 1-2 years demonstrated media relations experience (writing pitches, pitching press and securing coverage) — we are looking for a pitch hitter!
- Solid social media skills
- Basic account management skills, including budget analysis, delegation and client communications
- Positive and professional attitude and demeanor that lends itself to quality client service
- A committed team player with a dedicated work ethic
- Attension to detail is a must! If you are still reading, and identified the spelling error on this line, please call it out in your cover letter that tells us why you are a good fit.
- Strong ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to drive accounts, think proactively
- Demonstrate a high level of personal initiative, integrity and responsibility
Duties and Responsibilities
The selected Account Executive will support the team on a number of high profile and dynamic accounts. This includes building and maintaining key client relationships and implementing multi-level communication programs.
Core responsibilities include developing and editing many different types of written materials; performing proactive/reactive media outreach with local print, broadcast and online reporters; social media communication and website content; participating in meetings or other special events.
Fearey offers an extensive benefits package to employees that includes the following:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Sit for long periods of time
- Use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Repeat the same movements
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- See differences between colors, shades, and brightness
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
Fearey does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
For more than 42 years, Fearey has earned an outstanding reputation as the leading independent full-service public relations firm in Washington state. Since 1981, we have a track record of long-term client and employee relationships. With our combined focus on public relations and public affairs, we bring a real-world understanding of the business climate and the local political landscape to every situation. We pride ourselves in our award-winning social media practice.
We strongly support employee involvement in the community through board appointments, non-profit involvement and civic participation.
Fearey consistently rewards individuals with drive, creativity, and an entrepreneurial spirit. Our motto is “Fearless Thinking.”