ACCOUNT SUPERVISOR –
- 5+ Years experience
- $85,000-$95,000 DOE
- Seattle, WA; work from home in the Puget Sound region
Fearey, one of the West Coast’s leading independent public relations and public affairs agencies, has an immediate opening for an experienced PR Account Supervisor to work in conjunction with a team to deliver excellent account management services for a range of clients that includes health care, consumer, nonprofit, hospitality, legal and real estate industries. Candidates must be highly organized, detail-oriented, enthusiastic, hungry and humble, and have excellent communication skills, both oral and written. The right candidate will have 5-7 years of relevant PR experience, including developed account management, media relations, social media, and project management skills. Agency experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, PR, journalism or marketing
- A minimum of five years working in a PR capacity, either in-house or for an agency
- Minimum of five years of experience managing account teams, building client relationships and creating/executing strategic communications plans
- Passion for doing great work, team spirit and excellence in client service a must
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 Suite and in social media channels
- Experienced communicator with in-depth understanding of public relations, social media, crisis communications and issues management
- Previously established relationships with a variety of digital and traditional media outlets is ideal; at minimum, candidate possesses media savvy skills to creatively and effectively pitch press and maintain industry contacts
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Solid media relations and social media skills
- Strong account management skills
- Positive and professional attitude and demeanor that lends itself to quality client service
- A committed team player with a good work ethic
- Attension to detail is a must! If you are still reading, and identified the spelling error on this line, please call it out in your cover letter that tells us why you are a good fit.
- Demonstrate a high level of personal initiative, integrity and responsibility
Duties and Responsibilities
The selected Account Supervisor will supervise a number of high profile and dynamic accounts. This includes overseeing and directing account teams; building and maintaining key client relationships; and developing and implementing multi-level communication programs for clients.
Core responsibilities include developing and editing many different types of written materials; managing proactive/reactive media outreach with local print, broadcast and online reporters; managing social media communication and website content; planning and executing meetings or other special events; providing clients with sound communications counsel; managing budgets and staff.
The Account Supervisor is also responsible for building new business, including identifying and pursuing new business leads; development of proposals; and presenting to prospects.
Fearey offers an extensive benefits package to employees that includes the following:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Sit for long periods of time
- Use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Repeat the same movements
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- See differences between colors, shades, and brightness
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
Fearey does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
For more than 42 years, Fearey has earned an outstanding reputation as the leading independent full-service public relations firm in Washington state. Since 1981, we have a track record of long-term client and employee relationships. With our combined focus on public relations and public affairs, we bring a real-world understanding of the business climate and the local political landscape to every situation. We pride ourselves in our award-winning social media practice.
We strongly support employee involvement in the community through board appointments, non-profit involvement and civic participation.
Fearey consistently rewards individuals with drive, creativity, and an entrepreneurial spirit. Our motto is “Fearless Thinking.”