The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker with pixel perfect design skills. They can turn a conversation into a creative plan. They should be able to communicate effectively in order to understand the criteria of a project and deliver a carefully crafted design. This candidate should be able to collect feedback on various projects and if necessary, adapt their approach for future projects.
The Designer will work directly with the Creative Director and other members of the creative team to create and execute content for both digital and print executions. The Designer should be nimble and able to pivot between clients and their specific aesthetics and deadlines throughout a typical work day.
With a strong pulse on current visual trends, the Designer will have experience in and excitement for creating custom graphics and visual storytelling. The individual should possess the ability to hit the ground running, understand the agency business model and consistently deliver high-quality results. The candidate should also demonstrate a high level of personal initiative, integrity and responsibility.
- Manage the creative process from conception to completion in partnership with account team
- Project manage design projects with clear deadlines and workback schedules
- Maintain a strong standard of visual quality control for all accounts and clients, including Fearey
- Educate clients and Fearey staff on creative processes
- Support overall client campaign strategies, creating multiple pieces that support marketing needs
- Develop ad campaigns, when relevant
- Actively support Fearey marketing with big ideas and creative executions
- Outgoing and enthusiastic, a go-getter!
- Comfortable and confident talking to leaders, executives and ambassadors online and offline
- Solutions-focused and detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills and organized
- A Bachelor’s degree in Design (or similar)
- 5+ years designing creative assets, agency experience preferred
- A strong understanding of brand guidelines and how to execute against them
- Ability to pivot look & feel throughout the day, matching each clients brand expectations
- Strong ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Adobe CC
- Online design portfolio
- Exceptional design aesthetic, typography skills, and awareness of design trends and innovation
- Ability to communicate with senior members of the account team to explain ideas and concepts thoroughly
- Positive and professional attitude and demeanor that lends itself to quality client service and team building
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Solutions oriented mindset with a problem-solving persona
- Self-starter – ability to work well alone and with others
- Ability to work remotely
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE
Fearey offers an extensive benefits package to employees that includes the following:
- 100% paid premium for employee’s medical, dental and vision coverage
- Five percent commission on all new business accounts identified by the candidate and awarded to the firm
- Annual four weeks of paid time off (depending on when you start) and a minimum of eight paid holidays per year
- Lunch provided every Friday
- 401(k) plan with match on employee contributions
In its fourth decade, Fearey has earned an outstanding reputation as the leading independent full-service public relations firm in Washington State. For 41 years, we have had a track record of long-term client and employee relationships. With our combined focus on public relations and public affairs, we bring a real-world understanding of the business climate and the local political landscape to every situation. We pride ourselves in our award-winning social media practice.
We strongly support employee involvement in the community through board appointments, non-profit involvement and civic participation. Our industries of focus include healthcare, consumer, transportation, aerospace, real estate, built environment, life sciences, environmentally-friendly products, financial services, municipalities and non-profits.
Fearey consistently rewards individuals with drive, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit. Our motto is “Fearless Thinking.”
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com (No phone calls, please)
- Sit for long periods of time
- Use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Repeat the same movements
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- See differences between colors, shades, and brightness
Fearey is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law