Staff members in this role and all roles beyond this position are expected to “own” their area(s) of expertise by strategically planning and managing communications and marketing materials for events and activations focused on neighborhood placemaking and retail support.
The community marketing manager is consistently someone who has demonstrated that they can effectively plan, execute and report in on the effectiveness of communications and marketing tactics, while also providing support for the overall performance of the Community Marketing team.
The individual should possess the ability to hit the ground running in a fast-paced environment and consistently deliver high-quality results. The candidate should demonstrate a high level of personal initiative, integrity and responsibility. This person must be highly collaborative and have experience working across multifunctional teams to deliver results in a highly visible role.
- Support the communications strategy and execution of the neighborhood marketing program for one of Fearey’s clients from conception to completion under the supervision of the Director of Community Marketing and in partnership with the larger community marketing team
- Lead and execute daily communications work and projects with minimal supervision
- Support clear strategic approach and quantify measurable results in line with client marketing and business goals
- Lead and maintain a strong standard of quality control for all work, including that all visual communications and brand standards are met
- Oversee and direct agency team to execute digital and creative needs in support of client goals and KPIs
- Serve as senior writer on team and oversee clear adherence to client voice, tone and writing standards and have the ability to create and manage all forms of messaging including social media, long-form storytelling, short-form promotional language, press releases, and more.
- Demonstrate client relations skills
- Demonstrate thought leadership in marketing and communications strategy
- Ensure timely completion of all Program deliverables, including documentation, policies and procedures, customer-facing tools, and client reports
- Ensure KPI’s are met, service bench marking, and portfolio standardization
- Support quality audits to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and contractual obligations
- Constantly improve program to improve efficiency and scalability
- Promote ownership and accountability for all program team members
- Build collaborative relationships with client stakeholders and internal/external teams
- Act as a point of contact for all communications and marketing needs in support of specific programs and customers
- Support the adherence of budget priorities and ensure compliance for annual program budget cycles, and monthly budget management responsibilities
- Oversee vendor relationships to ensure success of the program
- Manage and oversee social media and creative requests and executions with agency and other partner vendors in support of the program
- Support the quarterly and annual business reviews to client
- Be a relentless problem solver and creative idea generator
- Collaborate with client and program stakeholders to develop initiatives that have high impact and ongoing value to the client and the community
- Support the development of the annual program goals/objectives/strategies/tactics
- Support the development of annual program roadmaps to help achieve program goals and deliverables
- Outgoing and enthusiastic personality. We need a go-getter!
- Comfortable and confident talking to leaders, executives and ambassadors online and offline
- Be comfortable in a public-facing marketing, events and promotions role
- Solutions-focused and driven by results
- Excellent communication skills: solid grammar, ability to write concisely, great on the phone, in email and in person
- Effective storyteller with a passion for creating content
- Strong writer with attension to detail
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, PR, business, or similar field and 5+ years working as an employee in marketing, communications, community relations,
- OR 7-9+ years working as an employee in marketing, communications
- A task-oriented leader, proficient in planning, organizing, executing, and communicating
- Understanding of communications marketing (digital and traditional) standards
- Demonstrated excellence in client service
- Positive and professional attitude and demeanor that lends itself to quality client service and team building
- Excellent written and verbal skills, strong account management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Solutions-oriented mindset with a problem-solving persona
- Self-starter – ability to work well alone and with others
- Proven track record in similar role
- Sit for long periods of time
- Use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Repeat the same movements
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- See differences between colors, shades, and brightness
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
Fearey does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Fearey offers an extensive benefits package to employees that includes the following:
- 100% paid base premium for employee’s medical, dental and vision coverage
- Five percent commission on all new business accounts identified by the candidate and awarded to the firm
- Annual four weeks of paid time off (prorated to start date), a minimum of nine paid holidays per year
- Home office reimbursement
- Lunch reimbursement provided every Friday
- 401(k) plan with match on employee contributions
- Annual professional development reimbursement
For more than 40 years, Fearey has earned an outstanding reputation as the leading independent full-service public relations firm in Washington state. Since 1981, we have a track record of long-term client and employee relationships. With our combined focus on public relations and public affairs, we bring a real-world understanding of the business climate and the local political landscape to every situation. We pride ourselves in our award-winning social media practice.
We strongly support employee involvement in the community through board appointments, non-profit involvement and civic participation.
Fearey consistently rewards individuals with drive, creativity, and an entrepreneurial spirit. Our motto is “Fearless Thinking.” Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you noticed any errors in this job posting, call those out as well. (No phone calls, please)
Fearey is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.