The staff member in this role – and all roles beyond this position – is expected to “own” their area(s) of expertise, which includes strategic planning and managing events, promotions, and activations focused on neighborhood placemaking and retail support.
The Senior Manager is consistently someone who has demonstrated that they can effectively plan, execute and report in on placemaking events and other strategic programs, while also providing support for the overall performance of the Community Marketing team.
The individual should possess the ability to hit the ground running in a fast-paced environment and consistently deliver high-quality results. The candidate should demonstrate a high level of personal initiative, integrity and responsibility. This person must be highly collaborative and have experience working across multifunctional teams to deliver results.
- Support the Community Marketing program in South Lake Union from conception to completion in partnership with the account team, which includes Senior Account Manager and Director of Community Marketing
- Manage retail partnerships and serve as a liaison between client, property manager, and businesses
- Manage the neighborhood Placemaking strategy and implementation, which may include events, public art projects, and activations
- Serve as a primary communication liaison with internal stakeholders and contacts
- Contribute to the neighborhood social media strategy content development
- Support and execute other Community Marketing program work as needed
- Support a clear strategic approach and quantify measurable results in line with client marketing and business goals
- Maintain a strong standard of quality control for all work, including that all visual communications and brand standards are met
- Demonstrate client relations skills and thought leadership
- Ensure timely completion of all Program deliverables, including documentation, policies and procedures, customer-facing tools, and client reports
- Ensure KPI’s are met, service benchmarking, and portfolio standardization
- Support quality audits to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and contractual obligations
- Constantly improve the program to improve efficiency and scalability
- Promote ownership and accountability for all program team members
- Build collaborative relationships with client retail tenants, community stakeholders and Property Management teams
- Act as a point of contact for specific programs and customers
- Support the adherence of budget priorities and ensure compliance for annual program budget cycles, and monthly budget management responsibilities
- Oversee vendor relationships to ensure success of the program
- Support the quarterly and annual business reviews to client
- Be a relentless problem solver and creative idea generator
- Collabroate with client and program stakeholders to develop initiatives that have high impact and ongoing value to the client and the community
- Support the development of the annual program goals/objectives/strategies/tactics
- Support the development of annual program roadmaps to help achieve program goals and deliverables
- Outgoing and enthusiastic personality. We need a go-getter!
- Comfortable and confident talking to leaders, executives and ambassadors online and offline
- Solutions-focused and driven by results
- Excellent communication skills: solid grammar, ability to write concisely, great on the phone!
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, PR, business, or similar field and 3+ years working as an employee in marketing, communications, community relations or retail marketing
- OR 5-7+ years working as an employee in marketing, communications, community relations or retail marketing
- A task-oriented leader, proficient in planning, organizing, executing, and communicating
- Understanding of retail marketing and community relations
- Demonstrated excellence in client service
- Positive and professional attitude and demeanor that lends itself to quality client service and team building
- Excellent written and verbal skills, strong account management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Solutions-oriented mindset with a problem-solving persona
- Self-starter – ability to work well alone and with others
- Proven track record in similar role
- Sit for long periods of time
- Use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Repeat the same movements
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- See differences between colors, shades, and brightness
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
In its fifth decade, Fearey has earned an outstanding reputation as the leading independent full-service public relations firm in Washington state. For more than 41 years, we have had a track record of long-term client and employee relationships. With our combined focus on public relations and public affairs, we bring a real-world understanding of the business climate and the local political landscape to every situation. We pride ourselves in our award-winning practice and have been recognized as a Best Workplace to Work by the Puget Sound Business Journal and Seattle Business.
We strongly support employee involvement in the community through board appointments, non-profit involvement and civic participation. Our industries of focus include healthcare, real estate, built environment, life sciences, environmentally-friendly/innovative products, financial services, municipalities, social good and non-profits.
Fearey consistently rewards individuals with drive, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit. Our motto is “Fearless Thinking.”
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com or at the form below. (No phone calls, please.)
Fearey is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.