COMMUNITY MARKETING coordinator
- $21.60 – $26.50 per hour plus benefits
- Arlington County, VA
- Start Date – Immediately
Fearey is seeking an exceptionally bright, motivated, and team-oriented individual to support our Arlington County team embedded with a client in the National Landing neighborhood. In this role you will be joining a diverse and supportive community providing a unique opportunity to develop your skills in the areas of event coordination, partnership development, and project management.
This fast-paced, challenging role requires an individual with flexibility, good judgment, an eye for accuracy, consistent character, and the ability to pay close attention to details while getting things done under tight timelines. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with team leaders is critical, as is a good sense of humor. A proven track record of effective time management, taking initiative, working independently, delivering exceptional results and exceeding expectations is important. We are looking for someone who learns quickly, is self-driven and adapts to changing circumstances with grace.
The most successful candidate will be incredibly organized, an effective communicator, possess the ability to complete complex tasks quickly with minimal guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and take effective action without having to know the total picture. Understanding basic company organization, working relationships, and business partner roles and responsibilities for this team is important.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn and grow by working with a collaborative, experienced, innovative team.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support for all program events, activations, promotions
- Support for team reporting and project tracking
- Management of local calendar and scheduling requirements
- Collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders
- Track and drive completion of key deliverables
- Act as a liaison for direct reports across the organization
- Support other core administrative activities
- Outgoing and enthusiastic personality. We need a go-getter!
- Comfortable and confident talking to leaders online and offline
- Comfortable in a public-facing marketing, events and promotions role
- Solutions-focused and driven by results
- Excellent communication skills: solid grammar, ability to write concisely, great on the phone, in email and in person
- Strong project manager with attension to detail
- Sit for long periods of time
- Use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Repeat the same movements
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- See differences between colors, shades, and brightness
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
Fearey does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Fearey offers an extensive benefits package to employees that includes the following:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
For more than 40 years, Fearey has earned an outstanding reputation as the leading independent full-service public relations firm in Washington state. Since 1981, we have a track record of long-term client and employee relationships. With our combined focus on public relations and public affairs, we bring a real-world understanding of the business climate and the local political landscape to every situation. We pride ourselves in our award-winning social media practice.
We strongly support employee involvement in the community through board appointments, non-profit involvement and civic participation.
Fearey consistently rewards individuals with drive, creativity, and an entrepreneurial spirit. Our motto is “Fearless Thinking.”